Saturday, December 4, 2010

Publication Ad Assignment

For this assignment, the challenge was to create two ads for a full color publication. One had to be a full page and the other a partial page. I had some trouble determining the topic of this ad until I was inspired by Jimmy Fallon's release of the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon iPhone App. I immediately saw the potential of a publication ad. I wanted to use their design themes from the show, website, and the app itself to create the ad. I found a similar font, used their approximate colors, and did my best to stay true to the style of the show. The colors are matches of the web colors, so I was curious as to how they would print.

Thumbnails
 Roughs

 Final Product

1/3 Page
Trim size: 2.31" x 9.75"
Live Area: 2.06" x 9.5" 
Bleed: none
 

Full Page
Trim size: 8.375" x 10.875"
Live Area: 7.875" x 10.375"
Bleed: .25"


No comments:

Post a Comment